miércoles, 1 de octubre de 2008

PRIORITIES


God helps us recorder our priorities; one of them should be that ministry is not about visibility, it is about serving in secret, where the praises of men are irrelevant. Ministry is not about giving people a slick, cultutally relevant presentation; it is about offending the mind to reach the heart.


Let' s decide to go lower into a place of humility where the presence and power of God displaces all our smug self-satisfaction. A place where He increases and I decrease.


My priorities must be all things I count as loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus. Phillippians 3:8 "Not only those things; I reckon everything as complete loss for the sake of what is so much more valuable, the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord. For His sake I have thrown everything away; I consider it all as mere garbage, so that I might gain Christ."


So ministry is not about feeling good about our intellect and human ability; it is about seeing the face of Jesus in the face of an orphan child, a beggar or a terminally ill person.


All of us should take that challenge . I hope God can see me humble, on my knees with my heart completely redeemed.


To think: What are your real priorities?


Are you putting others before you?




Photo: My younger son Joshua preaching in Sauces`church.


No hay comentarios: